The Lord is My Foundation

Okay, not my foundation, but my drywall.

Members of the Triumph Learning and Worship Center for Life in Saraland, Alabama, want to share what they're calling a miracle.

The church was flooded by Hurricane Katrina; causing some drywall in the building to buckle into an image that church members believe is an image of Jesus on the cross.

The church hung a picture frame up around the mark. People line up every day to touch it, and several people claim they've been healed.

Jesus is ripped.

Even though I’m soulless heathen, I kinda believe in that healing stuff, because one time, George Michael’s leather jacket from the Faith video was touring malls across America, and my friend Megan, who’s like a crazy George Michael nut, went and saw it, and touched it, and then, after I touched her, I had this irresistible urge to solicit sex in public restrooms. I’m just saying.

Many thanks to Misty for passing this along, because she knows how much I adore holy folks presenting their images on sheet metal, trees, more trees, wardrobes, water stains, grilled cheese sandwiches, potato chips, plates of pasta, and other junk.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus