More Mail Bag

As regular Shakers will know, my mom is a retired English teacher who is very involved in her church, and although if you met her casually, you might never know it, she has a very wicked sense of humor, especially about wackjob Christians. I just received the following in an email from her after having directed her to the post just below:
HI, "prozac-popping, pot-smokin', crack-head,"

[...]

I read a column Sunday by Brian Hedger about the "Jesus tree" in East Chicago. I wanted to send the whole article to you, as a companion piece to the one you had a few months ago about the Jesus potato chip (or was that penis potato chip?) I can't seem to find it online, but my favorite line was " . . . nothing says 'Christian' like a bunch of 'religious' lunkheads slugging it out in the middle of a crowded street while police officers 'subdue' them." I'll save the hard copy.

See you this weekend.
Love,
Momuschka

I couldn't find the exact article to which she was referring, but here's an image of the alleged Jesus tree, which is supposed to look like an image of Jesus holding his hands together and looking down. You be the judge:


Lordy begordy.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus