Set Phasers to Squeeeeeeeeeeee!

Shaker allgoodtees just sent me the link to the first pictures of Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins. I won't post them here because I don't want to accidentally spoil anything for anyone who's studiously avoiding all Hobbit-related stuff until they've got the popcorn in their hands and the lights have gone down, but EVERYONE ELSE GO LOOK! IT'S MARTIN FREEMAN AS BILBO BAGGINS!

* * *

Three honest-to-Maude true Hobbit-related facts about me:

1. I have seen the Rankin-Bass animated version of The Hobbit more than 100 times, and I own a 12-inch vinyl audio version of it that I listened to incessantly when I was a kid. I practically know it by heart.

2. I was so terrified of Gollum when I was a kid that I had recurring nightmares about him and MamaShakes had to tear a picture of Gollum out of a Hobbit coloring book I had because it scared me so badly.

3. When I was 17, I and another female classmate were wearing sandals in class one day, and a male classmate noticed we each had a few wispy hairs on our big toes, which naturally was the Grossest Thing Ever OMG!!!!1!!eleventy!!1! ... I responded to the crescendoing mockery with the first thing that came to my head: "FUCK OFF WE'RE HOBBITS!"

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus