An Observation

Troll Logic:

1. It is censorship to criticize something with which you disagree.

2. It is not censorship to tell me to STFU.

For the record, neither of these things are censorship. (Nor, as an aside, is prohibiting certain types of content on one's personal blog.) I just find it interesting that if I say, "I object to this thing," I am a censor and enemy of the First Amendment. But if a troll says, "I object to your objection," which is frequently couched in silencing or overtly eliminationist language, they are champions of Free Speech.

All of this happens without a trace of irony.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus