I'll Play You Out on My Tiny Violin

Keith Bardwell, the Louisiana Justice of the Peace who refused to marry interracial couples, has resigned. Awwww. Hey, don't let the door hitcha where the good lord splitcha on your way out, asshole.
Bardwell, speaking to CNN affiliate WBRZ, said he was advised "that I needed to step down because they was going to take me to court, and I was going to lose."

"I would probably do the same thing again," he said. "I found out I can't be a justice of the peace and have a conscience."

...[Bardwell] told CNN affiliate WAFB that he had no regrets about the decision. "It's kind of hard to apologize for something that you really and truly feel down in your heart you haven't done wrong," he said.

..."I'm not a racist," he said. "I do ceremonies for black couples right here in my house. My main concern is for the children."
Yawn. Good riddance.

[H/T to Shaker TinaH.]

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus