McCain's a Liar

Shocking, I know.

Last night during the latest in the never-ending series of GOP primary debates, which was truly the most unfathomably, yawn-inducingly dull affair yet (transcript: "I've done this and this and that and my record blah blah," repeat ad infinitum), Tim Russert asked John McCain to address having said he needs to be educated about the economy, which Russert quoted as: "I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated."

McCain replied: "Actually, I don't know where you got that quote from. I'm very well versed in economics."

Yes, from whence did that nutty quote come?

TPM Reader KK checks in with the exact quote, from Stephen Moore in the Wall Street Journal: "I'm going to be honest: I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated."
Huh. And I know you'll be positively flabbergasted to hear that's not the only time McCain has talked about his lack of expertise on the economy.

All aboard the Straight Talk Express! Beep beep!

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus