Blech


Angelina Jolie on the set of
Clint Eastwood's The Changeling.

"Angelina Jolie is sort of amazing because everyone thinks she's like this great beauty. And I'm not saying she's an unattractive woman, but she's not beauty, by any stretch of the imagination. I really understand beauty. And I will tell you, she's not—I do own Miss Universe. I do own Miss USA. I mean I own a lot of different things. I do understand beauty, and she's not."—Donald Trump.

Leaving aside how much I want to puke listening to that wankstain talk about how he "owns" Miss Universe and Miss USA like he means more than the pageants, and how much I want to retch at the implication that pageant girls are the apotheosis of physical beauty, I just feel compelled to point out that Angelina Jolie is an Oscar-winning actress who has had enormous professional success and is also a UN good will ambassador and world-renowned human rights advocate who has donated millions of dollars to international charities. If your imagination can't "stretch" to include that in your definitions of what makes a woman beautiful, that's not saying much for your imagination, dude.

I also want to mention how much I loathe that Trump seems to revel like a pig in shit at being generally regarded as an ugly guy who gets to comment with impunity on women's beauty (especially the lack thereof). He so clearly regards it as one of the best entitlements he's afforded by being obscenely wealthy.

Though he claims he never changes that ridiculous hair of his "for good luck," I am quite certain the real reason is because the uglier he is perceived to be, the more he gets off on being nasty toward women who he's convinced himself would never give him a second look if he weren't rich, despite the fact most wouldn't give him a second look now because he's a vulgar, contemptible asshole.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus