A Goddamned Piece of Paper

Oddjob points to this article in Capitol Hill Blue, which includes more possible evidence of Bush’s instability, not to mention his ego, and further his disdain for anything but his vision of America:

GOP leaders told Bush that his hardcore push to renew the more onerous provisions of the [Patriot Act] could further alienate conservatives still mad at the President from his botched attempt to nominate White House Counsel Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court.

“I don’t give a goddamn,” Bush retorted. “I’m the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way.”

“Mr. President,” one aide in the meeting said. “There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution.”

“Stop throwing the Constitution in my face,” Bush screamed back. “It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!”

I’ve talked to three people present for the meeting that day and they all confirm that the President of the United States called the Constitution “a goddamned piece of paper.”
Toast notes in comments:

Ah, Capitol Hill Blue. I wish I could trust what I read there, but they've got a reputation for just making shit up. Too bad, because they invariably confirm my feelings about what sort of man Bush is.
I don’t have any real knowledge of Capitol Hill Blue’s reputation, but I do know that much of what Doug Thompson suggested about the president’s behavior in June of 2004 has since been either overtly confirmed or subtly implied in other publications. The man’s an unpleasant crackpot; I don’t put this past him at all.

The Heretik has more.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus