From the Mailbag

I thought I ought to post this, since it applies to all you filthy Shakers, too.

I enjoy reading many blogs each day. If I could get past the filthy language you use in your posts, I might find that you actually have something interesting to say. The foul language only detracts from the content of your posts. Why do you feel that it's necessary to be a garbage mouth? You're certainly no lady. You come off as a tough, young broad. Maybe you're proud of that. I don't know. It's obvious that your readers are the same type of people, judging from their comments. Who in their right mind uses words like "cocksucker" and “cunt" in conversation? Nobody I care to associate with.

Most of the other bloggers in your blogging circle manage to get across their ideas in a respectable manner. If you were my daughter, I'd have washed your mouth out with soap many years ago.

Clean up your act Sister.
Dear Correspondent,

When the Bush administration stops being totally obscene, so will I. For further information, please see the last two paragraphs of this post.

Best regards,
Shakespeare’s Sister

P.S. I love the taste of soap.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus