Too Stupid to be Ashamed

Yes, I'm an intellectual snob, and this is disgusting:
Victoria Beckham claims she has never read a book.

She told a Spanish journalist she prefers magazines and music even though she has her name on the cover of one autobiography.

According to the Daily Mail she said: "I haven't read a book in my life. I haven't got enough time. I prefer to listen to music, although I do love fashion magazines."
In case you don’t know, and lucky for you, Victoria Beckham is the imbecile formerly known as Posh Spice, current extending what ought to have been 15 minutes of fame by being married to internationally famous footballer David Beckham.

I can’t believe anyone would admit to having never read a book.

I’ll just turn it over to Morrissey:

What really lies
Beyond the constraints of my mind;
Could it be the sea,
With fate mooning back at me?
No, it's just more lock-jawed pop stars,
Thicker than pig shit,
Nothing to convey.
They're so scared to show intelligence;
It might smear their lovely career.
This world, I am afraid,
Is designed for crashing bores.


— Morrissey, “The World Is Full of Crashing Bores”

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus