Conservative Newser Andrew Breitbart Has Died

Whoa. At age 43, Andrew Breitbart reportedly died of natural causes last night. My condolences to his family, friends, and colleagues.

For obvious reasons, namely our polar-opposite politics and wildly divergent set of professional ethics, I was not a fan of Breitbart, and I cannot say that I felt his contributions to the national dialogue were constructive or positive in any way. He hurt people, shamelessly and wantonly, for political gain.

I didn't know the man personally, and what I knew of him I did not like.

But I am not glad he's dead. I would have preferred instead that he'd lived long enough to change his mind.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus