RIP Whitney Houston

Singer and actress Whitney Houston died today, from as yet unknown, or at least unreported, causes. She was 48.

cover of Whitney Houston's eponymously titled 1985 breakout album

I am so desperately sad about this news. Her eponymously titled 1985 breakout album was one of the first cassettes I ever owned, and I used to listen to it over and over and over on my purple boombox in my bedroom, dancing and singing along into my hairbrush.

When I was in the middle school choir, my best friend and I performed Whitney Houston songs at every annual Solo & Ensemble competition. We didn't even remotely do them justice, but we just loved her so much. Blub.

My sincerest condolences to her family, friends, and colleagues. My thanks to Whitney Houston for all the amazing music.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus