Daily Dose of Cute

image of Dudley the Greyhound, lying on the couch, looking at me expectantly

Passing the guest room on the way into my office one day recently, I glanced in and saw Dudley lying on the bed. He looked at me and wagged the tip of his long tail in a friendly hi. I went in to lay down next to him for just a moment, and I was suddenly overcome with appreciation for him. I stroked his ear in the way he loves, and I said to him, "I'm so grateful I know you. Thank you for being such an important part of my life." I told him why he has meant so much to me and that I love him. He looked back at me with his big brown eyes. I chuckled to myself, at my silliness. "I know you don't understand what I'm saying," I said, "but I hope you feel the sentiment, at least; I hope you know you have opened my heart." He reached out his paw and laid it on my chest, right over my heart.

I know it was just a coincidence. But it sure was a good one.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus