Question of the Day

Suggested by Shaker monoglot: What do you like best about the age you are now?

I'm 37, and the thing I like most about this age, which I've enjoyed through much of my thirties, is that I feel very securely in my adulthood, while still feeling very much like a young person.

In my twenties, I didn't feel like a proper grown-up until I was 27, and, even then, I didn't have the sense of self or the centeredness or the contentment I have now.

I'm enjoying this feeling while it lasts, and I'm looking forward with anticipation, and not a smidgeon of dread, to feeling very much like an old person, if I am given the much-desired fate of getting there.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus