Whoooooooooops Your Presidential Campaign!

After coming in third in the GOP king/queen-making Iowa Straw Poll over the weekend, former Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty has dropped out of the presidential race.
"We needed to get some lift to continue on and have a pathway forward," Pawlenty said this morning in an exclusive interview on "This Week." "That didn't happen, so I'm announcing this morning on your show that I'm going to be ending my campaign for president."

"I'm very, very grateful for the people of Iowa," Pawlenty added. "I wish it would have been different, but obviously the pathway forward for me doesn't really exist, so we're going to end the campaign."
Pawlenty received only 14% of the vote behind winner Rep. Michele Bachmann (!) and Rep. Ron Paul, who received 28% and 27% of the vote, respectively.

Watching a report on the straw poll results yesterday, I said to Iain, "That Michele Bachmann won is terrifying," to which he replied, "Yep. She's so our next president."

Shiver.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus