My Planned Parenthood: Thank You

by Shaker Sonia

My Planned Parenthood StoryThe abortion was a long time ago. It still hurts to think about, for mixed reasons, including prior trauma and not having children afterwards.

Nevertheless, I am deeply grateful for the privilege of not having a baby at the age of 18 with an abusive man. What I remember most clearly about the procedure itself is that I was physically trembling, and a kind nurse (or volunteer?) held my hand comfortingly the whole time.

Thank you, Planned Parenthood.

Read the rest of the My Planned Parenthood Carnival posts here.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus