Quote of the Day

"When I wake in the morning, I wait on the Lord, I ask him to give me the strength to do right by our country and our people. And when I go to bed at night, I wait on the Lord and I ask him to forgive me my sins and to look after my family and to make me an instrument of the Lord."President Barack Obama, at today's National Prayer Breakfast.

Listen, I hate the National Prayer Breakfast, and I hate that our political leaders participate in it, not just because I'm an atheist who isn't a fan of public (meaning government-sanctioned) celebrations of faith, but also because it confers legitimacy on its organizer, The Family, whose agenda is objectionable even to most Christians.

But the reason I'm posting this quote isn't to have that discussion. The reason I'm posting this quote is because I really just want to say: That is one heck of a Jesus-y quote, right there, I mean, that is a man who loves him some Jesus, yo, no kidding, that Barry is a fan of The Jesus like whoa, AND THERE ARE STILL RIGHTWINGERS WHO THINK HE'S A MUSLIM LULZ!!!!!!!eleventy!!!1!

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus