From the Mouths of Babes

[Trigger warning for sexual violence, disregard for bodily autonomy.]

Well, not babes so much as teen idols on whose every word hang millions of young women (and men) across the globe:
[Justin Bieber] isn't sure what political party he'd support if he was old enough to vote. "I'm not sure about the parties," Bieber says. "But whatever they have in Korea, that's bad." He does have a solid opinion on abortion. "I really don't believe in abortion," Bieber says. "It's like killing a baby?" How about in cases of rape? "Um. Well, I think that's really sad, but everything happens for a reason. I don't know how that would be a reason. I guess I haven't been in that position, so I wouldn't be able to judge that."
Except for how I just judged that and now you're gonna print it and there it goes out into the world that abortion is babykilling and rape is really sad but it's not reason to get an abortion there it goes wave bye-bye whooooooooooooops.

There's also some great stuff about abstinence. Precious, really.

A metric bieberton of fail. Irony!

[Via.]

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus