Clinton May Leave State Department

It's very unusual for Secretaries of State to serve both terms of a two-term presidency, but I was still hoping Secretary Hillary Clinton would stick around if/when Obama is reelected. Well, I suppose the fact that she hasn't committed to staying means she hasn't committed to leaving, either:
Clinton said she had committed only to serving as the nation's top diplomat during the president's first term.

..."I am very pleased to be working in this position now, but I've said on many different occasions that I'm looking forward to returning to private life," Clinton said. "I do look forward to having a little more spare time, and a few more hours to take just a spare breath."
Can't blame her. She's been going a million miles an hour on the national stage for twenty years now. If anyone deserves to put her feet up...
She also repudiated former Vice President Cheney's assertion earlier this week that Obama would be a one-term president.

"I am pleased that former Vice President Cheney is healthy and resuming public activities, but I could not disagree with him more," Clinton said of Cheney's one-term claim. "I think President Obama has been playing the hand that he was dealt by the Bush/Cheney administration very well indeed."
Heh heh heh. Even in her retirement, whenever that may be, she'll still be the Secretary of Sass.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus