Life Flashes By: Join the Open Beta!

The short of it: One of our Shakers has developed a new PC-based adventure game that you need to download and try out this very second!

The long of it: A little over a year ago, there was a guest post by Shaker Selasphorus on the issue of game developers catering to a rather specific demographic (i.e. dudebros). I took note of a comment by a Shaker named Squinky, who is an indie game developer trying to create "games with strong characters, personally meaningful themes, accessible interfaces, and an all-around focus on good storytelling."

Since I've always had an interest in doing voice work, I decided to reach out to Squinky (aka Deirdra) to see if she was in the market for any voice acting for her projects. Deirdra didn't need anyone at the time, but she said she would reach out if that ever changed. And so, about a year later I get a nice email from her stating that she'd like me to try out for a couple of parts for her new project, Life Flashes By. After several readings, she thought I worked well for a couple of the supporting characters in the story (I'm not telling which ones - you'll have to guess!), and off I went to record!

As I went through some of the script, I really appreciated the effort and thought that Deirdra put into this story, and I think you will too - which is why I would like you to consider downloading Life Flashes By and letting Deirdra know what you think.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus