and just who is appearing in your bathroom?

If you're Danell Griego, of Belen, New Mexico, the answer to that would be Mary holding Jesus (two holy folks!):
In their marble shower is an image that they believe is of the Virgin Mary holding Jesus after he is taken down from the cross.

"We built the house a couple years ago, and we have a stand in the shower and a jacuzzi tub in the master bath," said Danell Griego, the person who discovered the figure. "We also have a hot tub right outside the master bathroom, so we had not used the tub. I decided I was going to try out the tub since it had been sitting there unused for so long. I got the water and bubbles ready, hopped in and was relaxing and decided to light a candle. When I reached over to grab the candle, right behind it was the image."

Griego barely knew what to do.

"It startled me at first," said Griego. "The image was plain as day. I jumped out of the tub and called for my husband and kids to come and see if they saw what I was seeing. They saw it immediately, all of my family and neighbors also saw it immediately."


Hm. Looks like a bird to me.



[Holy folks Gone Wild: Weeping and bleeding and appearing in Cheetos, more Cheetos, pretzels, fire, pizza sauce, and on pancakes, baking sheets, pizza pans, doggy doors, ice, peanuts, x-rays, turtles, ultrasounds, chocolate, dying plants, sheet metal, trees, more trees, more trees, more trees, more trees, more trees, wardrobes, water stains, plates of pasta, drywall, fish, grilled cheese sandwiches, potato chips, a bathroom door, a banana, and a bruise.]

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus