RIP Corey Haim

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. To say I am stunned is an understatement. I've always had a soft spot for Corey Haim. He was one of my first crushes.

I cannot tell you how many times I've seen The Lost Boys. Or Lucas. (Liss puts her personal count at 98 million times.) Or Prayer of the Rollerboys. Or Dream a Little Dream. Or License To Drive.

Haim died this morning "of an apparent drug overdose, according to Los Angeles police." He was 38.

I don't have much more to say. I am still processing this. I am, sadly, reminded of Andrew "Boner" Koenig's recent suicide.

Rest in peace, Corey. You will be missed.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus