Pop Quiz

Which one of these things doesn't belong? From the Washington Post's On Leadership column:
Barack Obama still sneaks cigarettes. Gordon Brown has a mean temper. Surgeon General Regina Benjamin struggles with her weight. At what point do a leader's personal vices begin to undermine effectiveness?
Um.

The follow-up question is priceless: "Is it better to hide them or acknowledge them?"

I'm going to start hiding my TOTESFAT! immediately so I can be a more effective leader of Shakesville. Black is slimming, right? I'm going to start dressing like a ninja so everyone will mistakenly think I'm skinny and respect me.

[H/T to Shaker MJ.]

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus