Emo Prince Hates Vaginas

Emo Prince Robert Pattertoningson is doing the media rounds promoting his new film, and evidently decided to use his interview with Details to apply for the hotly-coveted apprentice douche position at John Mayer Industries.

There's a lot of whatthefuckery in the article, but perhaps none quite so eye-squinching as this, on the accompanying NSFW photo shoot in which naked women were used as props (again): "I really hate vaginas. I'm allergic to vagina. But I can't say I had no idea, because it was a 12-hour shoot, so you kind of get the picture that these women are going to stay naked after, like, five or six hours. But I wasn't exactly prepared. I had no idea what to say to these girls. Thank God I was hungover."

So...he had no idea what to say to the women who were being sexually objectified and exploited in his presence, but, after the fact, "I really hate vaginas. I'm allergic to vagina." seemed about right, because the best way to deal with the discomfort of women's bodies being used as props is to slut-shame the women involved. Okay.

Fail.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus