Welcome to the Family

Meredith Baxter, probably best known for playing ex-hippie mother-of-four on Family Ties, came out today. She made the announcement this morning on Today, telling Matt Lauer "I am a lesbian and it was a later-in-life recognition."

Good for her! I am truly pleased she's found herself and is happy.

Both Baxter's former on-screen family and her real family have known about her sexuality, though she was initially nervous about telling her five children.

"I said, I think I'm gay, and my oldest boy said, I knew," Baxter laughed. "The support from my family and anyone close to me has been so immediate and unqualified. I’ve really been blessed."
Awesome. Totally awesome.

[Cross-posted.]

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus