If It's Tuesday, It's Boehlert!

Auld Lang Syne: Farewell to another decade of "liberal media bias." I'm not even going to try to choose an excerpt. Just go read the whole thing.

And, for anyone looking for last-minute gift ideas for any of the end-of-year holidays, or a birthday present, or just something good to read for yourself, please consider Eric Boehlert's great (and most recent) book Bloggers on the Bus. Or, for that matter, his older (but equally great) book Lapdogs.

In the interest of full disclosure, there's a small section about me in Bloggers on the Bus, but that's not the reason I'm recommending it. I'm recommending it because, as I've probably said about two dozen times now because I'm a totes broken record, I consider Boehlert to be among the best media critics (if not the best) writing today, and I'm confident his work will be of interest to Shakers.

Not a few people have emailed me or commented about being ready to put 2009, not to mention the last 10 years, to bed—and I can sure think of worse ways than spending a little time with either or both of Boehlert's books on the media, new and old, which has defined this era.

But, in any case, be sure to give Auld Lang Syne a look.

[UPDATE: And no, I don't get a kickback for the recommendations, either. I just really like the books!]

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus