Question of the Day

What's the worst nickname you've ever been given?

When I was really little, my dad called me "Peckerhead." I, of course, had no idea what it meant, but I do remember being probably 7 or 8 years old, and my dad calling me Peckerhead while we were rough-housing, prompting my mom to call from the kitchen, in the politest way imaginable, "Dear, do you think we could find another nickname for Lissa besides Peckerhead?" LOL.

I also remember being maybe 12 or 13 and figuring out what Peckerhead actually meant, and being totally horrified that my dad had called me Peckerhead for years.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus