Brave Little (Foot) Soldier

Oh dear. Looks like another Republican has lost all contact with anything resembling perspective:
I'm interrupting my career. It's not like I want my new career in politics. But I'm willing to interrupt it the same way that somebody interrupted their career and joined World War II and went off to fight the Nazis. I don't think that I'm that heroic, and I don't think I'm risking as much as a soldier. But it's the same principle.
That was former Ron Paul economic advisor Peter Schiff, who is currently running for the US Senate in Connecticut. Because, y'know, Obama's Hitler and the Dems are Nazis. Or something.

Somebody get this guy a coveted Medal of Hubris, tout de suite!

[Via.]

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus