Two-Minute Nostalgia Sublime

To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar


I didn't love this movie when I saw it (and I only saw it once, many years ago). I don't really remember exactly what I didn't like about it, although the trailer evokes a vague recollection it had something to do with its indecision about whether to love the characters or laugh at them.

The only thing I remember clearly is thinking Patrick Swayze looked unbearably sexy pulling on his stockings in the opening sequence (@ 2:09).

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus