Today in Disembodied Things

I'm so pissed at the planet today.

This image [NSFW and possibly triggering] of a "womanskin" rug, complete with gaping sexdoll-style mouth, was posted for a caption contest at a gossip blog earlier today.

All I can do is marvel at the how the world never runs out of ways to try to make me hate myself, hate being a woman, be shameful of my sex and our sexuality, feel scared and threatened and weak and small.

Fuck that. I'm not going to hate myself; I'm just going to hate the world for awhile.

There are people who say that's unhealthy. As if turning my rage about shit like that rug inward, or being indifferent to it, is healthy. There are people who say that anger's an overreaction. As if regarding as No Big Deal "jokes" about women being skinned alive as trophies isn't an under-reaction. There are people who say it's futile to be mad at the world. As if being mad at the world once in awhile isn't exactly what motivates me to change it.

My teaspooning arm's got a steam-powered engine, bitchez. And I'm fucking steaming today.

[Disembodied Things: Parts One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty, Twenty-One, Twenty-Two, Twenty-Three, Twenty-Four, Twenty-Five, Twenty-Six.]

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus