So You Think You Can Dance Open Thread

I won't say anything about the winner in the post, lest I spoil it for someone who's got the finale awaiting hir on TiVo, but suffice it to say I was very happy with who won.

Other things I was happy about this season: Cat Deeley, who continues to be the best host on television, less Shane Sparks and more Lil C and Nappy-Tabs, TRAVIS!, more Debbie Allen, and, as always, Mary Murphy's infectious joyfulness; I know she drives some people nutzoid (which I can totally understand), but I just love her to bits.

Things I was not happy about this season: Homophobia, Janette's premature exit, too little Wade and Amanda Robson, "Oooh what will your husband think?" repeatedly asked of Randy and Melissa, Mia's continued woman-hating, Nigel's increasingly lecherous behavior. The homophobia and misogyny on a show that wouldn't exist without women and gay men is just utterly ridiculous.

Discuss.

SPOILER COMMENTS THREAD BELOW.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus