Harrison Ford: Aggrieved Patriarch


[Transcript: Harrison Ford in dozens of clips from various movies saying things like: "Where's my family?!" and "They've got my wife!" and "I didn't kill my wife!" and "Not without my family!"]

On the one hand, this is totes hilarious.

On the other hand, it is evidence that a straight white man can carve a fine career for himself out of playing characters in stories in which women and/or children are essentially reduced to stolen property and violently imperiled as a plot device to provide that straight white man with an opportunity for heroism.

[Via Chris.]

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus