Situation Normal: The Media Stinks; Republicans Are Pathetic

Speaking of song-stealing

So, first of all, I have to admit I'm a little bit in love with Lady Gaga. I mean, we are talking about a woman who gave an interview in a Kermit the Frog pelerine and matching fascinator:

So I was admittedly a little shocked and disappointed when I saw the headline on CNN: GOP's new youth ambassador: Lady Gaga? I mean, sure, it happens—Alice Cooper is a Republican, after all, but still. How could you, Lady Gaga?

Of course, if one actually bothers to read the article, one finds the headline is totes bullshit: GOP congressman Dave Reichert (R-Wanker) just used a video by some douche parodying one of Lady Gaga's songs ("Just Tax" instead of "Just Dance," ho ho ho) to "show his colleagues the video to encourage them to get young people involved using new media," because, according to his spokesperson, Reichert "wanted them to encourage the youth in their district, and share the message on a level that young people can relate to."

So, it's less "Lady Gaga as GOP youth ambassador" and more "Republicans are dipshits."

The awesome video is below, but before I leave you to it, I'd like to note that my favorite part of the CNN article is this:
Asked about the video, House Republican Conference Chairman Mike Pence, R-Ind, laughed and said "it's part of the Pence youth initiative."

Pence admitted that very few members were familiar with the original Lady Gaga song.
Huh!

Youth of America, the GOP thinks you will like this:

Fake Newscast: President Obama today announced a new trillion-dollar spending package. This investment and stimulus money will be paid for by future generations of Americans. The increased deficits in the federal budget will be made up by increased taxes and cuts to the Department of Defense.

Song:

Yeah! Democrats in the White House. Remix.

We've Spent a little bit too much.
All of this change has been a crutch.
Control your party, man.
Spending is out of hand.
Youre gonna have to make some cuts.
What's going on on the floor?
I've seen this same old type of overspending before.
Please don't mortgage our future away.
I don't know what to do;
I worry every day.

Wait—I know what you'll do!

Just Tax, it will be ok.
Just Tax, spread that wealth around.
Just Tax, it will be ok.
Just Tax.

A billion here, a billion there.
When will the people start to care?
(Please start to care now.)
This shouldn't happen, man.
Go on and ask Japan.
Remember the 1990s.
(Google it!)
Spend your way out of debt.
Buy up the banks, the cars, and toxic assets.
Wait, let's think this through.
(Think it through, man!)

Just Tax, it will be ok.
Just Tax, spread that wealth around.
Just Tax, it will be ok.
Just Tax.

I'm getting paid and that's all good 'cause times are rough.
Got my paycheck and I'm thinking about buying some brand new stuff.
I'm short some dough, and wonder who is this FICA man.
I can't believe my eyes; all the money that's going to Uncle Sam.

Government's broke but they're spending more money.
Government's broke but they're spending more money.
Government's broke but they're still spending money.

Hey kids, its your Uncle Sam and I'm in debt.
Big time! And I need your help. So give me your money.
Think that I can do that? Yes I can.

Tax and spend it, idiotic.
Do it again, it's robotic.
Complain for 8 years, ironic.
Get more in debt, it's moronic.
Tax and spend it, idiotic.
Do it again, it's robotic.
Complain for 8 years, ironic.
Get more in debt, it's moronic.

Don't throw away the future by making even more debt.
(You just don't get it.)
You need to slow, stop the spending, wait 5 days, be more transparent.
(Before you sign it.)

(Obama: I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody.)

Just Tax, it will be ok.
Just Tax, spread that wealth around.
Just Tax, it will be ok.
Just Tax.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus