Question of the Day

What's your favorite silly question game to play with friends?

Iain and I, and many of our friends, are big fans of "How Much Would Someone Have to Pay You To...?" (which I'm guessing is self-explanatory), "Would You Rather...?" (in which two hilariously heinous options are posed for selection and explanation of one's choice, the latter being the fun part), and the always-popular "Who Would Win in a Fight?"

Last time we played, Kenny Blogginz asked me, "Who would win in a fight: Gandalf or Robocop?"

I replied, "Obviously, Gandalf. Insects can wreak havoc with machinery, and he would recruit kamikaze moths to fuck Robocop's shit up. He could win via mothstrike from the other side of the world."

KBlogz told me that he has asked many, many people that question, and many have chosen Gandalf, ultimately indefensibly, but that mine was the most creative strategy and defense of my choice that he'd heard. I naturally beamed with the pride of the impossibly nerdy.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus