For All the Little Birdies on J-Bird Street

Despite being a kid in the '80s when Michael Jackson was reaching stratospheric levels of success in his solo adult career and every other kid I knew was obsessed with him, I was never much of a fan. Never owned a Michael Jackson album, not even Thriller. But I must have listened to my 7-inch single of the Jackson 5's "Rockin' Robin" like nine million times on my Scoobie-Doo record player:

Maude, how I loved that song.

And I found it indescribably cool that it was sung by a kid who grew up just down the street from me.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus