Charming

Recently, Pastor Wiley Coyote Drake, former second vice president of the Southern Baptist Convention and running mate of Alan Keyes, announced he was making "imprecatory" prayers beseeching God to cause Obama's death:
I think it's appropriate to pray for the will of God. I'm not saying anything, what I'm doing is repeating what God is saying, if that puts me on somebodies list then I'll just have to be on their list. [...] If he does not turn to God and does not turn his life around I am asking God to enforce in imprecatory prayers throughout the scripture that would cause him death.
Being the resident Heeb Laureate of Shakesville, I admit I'm not well-versed in the teachings of that Jesus dude, but I don't recall ever hearing any: "Go forth and pester my dad for the death of thine enemies."

God could not be reached for comment.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus