Shakers Are So Dreamy

Shaker Lauren emails:
I had a dream last night that I think you will find funny. I dreamed that I was at a party at the house I grew up in on the north side of Indianapolis. It was the same house on the outside but completely different on the inside (much bigger). Everyone was drinking so we decided to stay over so we didn't drink and drive.

There were a lot of people staying so you had to sleep wherever you could find space. I ended up sleeping in the same bed as Petulant! And in the morning, I took a good look at him and he had a Colonel Sanders mustache.
I love that.

I asked Lauren if I could publish her email not only because I thought it was funny, but as a jumping-off point for a thread about how frequently I and Iain and the other contributors and other Shakers enter each other's dreams. Shakes-related dreams come up in comments fairly regularly, and one of the most common subjects among reader emails is telling me that they dreamed about me and/or another contributor. (And, no, the vast majority of these are not the least bit creepy.)

So: Fess up. Have I appeared in your dream as a babbling mime? Has Portly serenaded you in your sleep? Has Deeky come to you in the night as a organ grinder? Did I just invent the quadruple entendre with that last sentence...?

Tell the tales of your Shakesville Dreams here.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus