Question of the Day

What's your favorite kind of weather?

We've got a darkening sky here and the wind is picking up. The air coming through my office window smells like imminent rain, and it has the hint of electricity that generally precedes the arrival of a devilish storm.

I am inordinately fond of a bright sunny day, not hot, but a cool, crisp day of sunshine in the spring or fall, and I love padding around in socks on hardwood floors with wet and curling hair on a gray, drizzly Sunday afternoon after going out for tea, and I even frequently love the snow. But there's something about summer storms I find invigorating; the air before a storm fills my lungs deep like no other kind of weather.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus