Busts 4 Justice

Shaker SapphireCate just sent me the link to this BBC article about big-busted women taking on Marks & Sparks' policy of charging more for bras sized over a DD cup. And the funny thing is that my first response was: "Only £2 more?! And only over a DD?! Lucky gals."

Coincidentally, when SCate sent the link, I was actually looking for a new bra online, and the prices are OUTRAGEOUS. All my bras are like eleventy-thousand years old, and they're falling apart at the seams, but I just can't face that I need to spend like $30 on a bra just because I'm a freaking DD cup. And, more importantly, have a band wider than 40".

I know they use more material, but come on! Argh.

Just another reason, among many, that I'm really glad I don't have to wear a bra most of the time.

(And no disrespect to, or criticism of, women who either have to wear a bra or like wearing them. I'm just stating my personal preference and no implicit commentary is intended.)

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus