Radio Shakesville Update

It looks like somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 people have downloaded the first installment of Radio Shakesville so far. That's downright humbling. In all honesty I was expecting maybe 15 or 20 people to be interested. Thats it's 15 to 20 times that is mind-boggling. The only down side here is that my wee little b-movie website can't handle the traffic, and I am going to need to find another place to host the shows. But no worries, I've got that under control.

Just FYI, the show will be listed on iTunes (I'll provide that link with the next show). Also, I've a list of all music used in the show posted here, with handy links to purchase said songs, if you're so inclined.

As I mentioned in the podcast the next episode will focus on women in popular music (with a more appropriate title and release date TBD). And this is where I was thinking you could help. My hope is to make this a community project, much as this whole blog is a community made up of its posters, guest posters, readers and commenters. Here's all you need to do: Pick up the phone. Just call (641) 715-3900, extension: 44515 and leave me a message.

Tell me what female musicians/bands have inspired you, what song speaks to you, what moves you as a woman, a feminist, an ally. Or just request something. Don't feel obligated to leave your name, remain anonymous if you like. (And if you're shy, well, so am I, so is Liss, and if we can get outside our little introverted shells and let everyone hear us, maybe you can too. And if you truly can't, hey, that's okay.) Just call in. Say something. Say anything.

I want to create a document of women's voices, and how women, feminists, and their allies relate to music and the world around them, but I can only do that with your help.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus