PWNED!

Oh, that George Bush—I'd just love to have a beer with him. He's such a good man, and he's so honest, and he shares all my Christian beliefs, like torturin' A-rabs, hatin' gays, and evolution being the devil's dong.

Oopsy!
Bush admits something that would have been political suicide four years ago:
WASHINGTON -- President George W. Bush said his belief that God created the world is not incompatible with the scientific theory of evolution.

In an interview with ABC's "Nightline" on Monday, the president also said he probably is not a literalist when reading the Bible although an individual can learn a great deal from it, including the New Testament teaching that God sent his only son.

Asked about creation and evolution, Bush said: "I think you can have both. I think evolution can -- you're getting me way out of my lane here. I'm just a simple president. But it's, I think that God created the earth, created the world; I think the creation of the world is so mysterious it requires something as large as an almighty and I don't think it's incompatible with the scientific proof that there is evolution."

He added, "I happen to believe that evolution doesn't fully explain the mystery of life."

Interviewer Cynthia McFadden asked Bush if the Bible was literally true.

"You know. Probably not. ... No, I'm not a literalist, but I think you can learn a lot from it, but I do think that the New Testament for example is ... has got ... You know, the important lesson is 'God sent a son,"' Bush said.
"It's kinda like how I'm the son of a president, heh heh. That Jesus fella and I got a lot in common. I hear he didn't go to church, either. Sure wish I could turn water into wine, heh heh!"



[If anyone can find a transcript, please leave a link in comments.]

For eight years—eight fooking years—every time Bush detractors said that he was an enormous phony, from his Potemkin ranch* in Crawford to his devout counterfeit Christianity, we got accused of "Bush Derangement Syndrome." Our hatred left us blind to reality, so goes the claim.

Ahem.

Maybe it's time to consider, at long last, that it was not us but his most ardent supporters who were blind.

Blindly allegiant. Blind defenders. Deliberately, selectively blind.

We didn't subscribe to the propaganda; we saw through it and found the truth that their rose-white-and-blue-colored glasses obscured.

There's no joy in having been right about Bush's many failures, not when so many lives have been lost, so many people been hurt, at the business end of his visions of empire. But, by Maude, we were right.

And the Bush-lovers got pwned.

Which is a mere fragment of what they deserve, for everything they've enabled.

Idiots.

--------------------

* Credit Oddjob.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus