Two-Minute Nostalgia Sublime

Morgan Freeman addresses the nation as President Beck in Deep Impact:


When this movie came out 10 years ago, I wondered how long it might be before we actually had a black president. Last night, while I watched Obama hand McCain his ass up, down, sideways, and backwards, I recalled that bit of progress promised by pop culture and got a face-cracking grin as I considered that real life may be just about to catch up.

I probably wouldn't have had quite the same reaction if I'd been looking at Alan Keyes, but there you go.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus