Joe the Senator

So, longtime Shakers will know I've never been a huge fan of Joe the Biden, which is frankly quite the understatement, though I have come to understand him a little better, and I'm trying to take my evolving "good bits and bad bits don't cancel each other out, but coexist" approach with my feelings about Biden, too. VAWA good; offensive jokes bad. (Evidently this campaign has turned me into a Buddhist Frankenstein's Monster. Great.)

Anyway, one of the things by which I have actually been really tickled during this election, during my daily perusal of news photos, is seeing how much goddamned fun Barack Obama and Joe Biden seem to be having together. I was reminded of it by Lauredhel's Thursday Cheezburger, which used one of my favorite Obama-Biden shots from the campaign trail, where both of them are just totally cracking up while buying ice cream:


So, since lots of people have liked other recent photo essays, here's a collection of some of my favorite snaps of Obama and Biden on the campaign trail (with a couple of shots at the end of them having a laugh with another favorite Senator around these parts). Enjoy!

























This picture of the two of them sharing a pretzel kills me:



And, as promised:





Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus