In Which I Channel Lloyd Christmas

So, Senator Hillary Clinton does an interview with the dipshits at "Fox & Friends," and they ask her what she thinks the chances are, on a scale of 1 to 10, that she'll be the next majority leader in the Senate.
"Oh, probably zero," she said. "I'm not seeking any other position than to be the best senator from New York that I can be."

Being nominated to the Supreme Court?

"Zero," Clinton said. "I have no interest in doing that."

Running for president again?

"Probably close to zero," she said. "There's an old saying: Bloom where you're planted."
And I immediately turn into Lloyd Christmas.


Lloyd: What are my chances?

Mary: Not good.

Lloyd: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?

Mary: I'd say more like one out of a million.

Lloyd: [long pause] So you're telling me there's a chance. YEAH!!!
The whole president thing I'm pretty wev about (unless McCain *gag* wins), because who knows what the landscape will look like eight years from now. And SCOTUS is a nifty idea, but I doubt she could be confirmed without a veto-proof majority, and, even then, it would be a tough road. (And why the hell would she want to go through that?) But I would like to see her as Senate Majority Leader.

And in my cozy little Lloyd Christmas world, the chances of Obama choosing her to be Secretary of Health and Human Services and her accepting the position are still eleven out of ten, because the "Fox & Friends" reprobates evidently didn't think to ask her about it.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus