Terrifying

Iain and I just got done watching the entire Palin interview on Nightline, from which Petulant provided excerpts below, and it was an absolute trainwreck. To be honest, I didn't think she was going to do that badly; I was positively shocked at how dreadful it actually was.

The section in which she is, quite obviously, completely blank on what the Bush Doctrine is was just brutal to watch. Here, via TPM, is just that section, by itself (the transcript is at the end of Pet's post):


When Nightline aired that section this evening, the camera was a tight shot on her face when she says, pitifully, "In what respect, Charlie?" after he asks her if she agrees with the Bush Doctrine, and her expression was just frantic. Total deer in the headlights.

This is not a person who's remotely prepared to lead this country.

I can't believe that serious Republican people are not just as scared and horrified watching that video as I am. I can't believe that partisanship truly trumps all sense and rationality. She has no idea what the fuck she's doing.

I'm not saying that as a progressive. I'm not saying that as a (historically always) Democratic voter. I'm not saying that because I looked at her résumé and decided it was too thin and automatically assumed she was unqualified. I'm not saying it because she's a woman, or a Republican, or a conservative.

I'm saying it because it is now patently obvious.

And quite frankly, Republicans, ignoring it just because she's on your team is not just politics as usual; it's dangerous and it's irresponsible.

John McCain has asked you to put your trust in a person who is manifestly unfit for the presidency. Doesn't that bother you? Doesn't it piss you off? Doesn't it scare you?

Because it fucking should.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus