Question of the Day

What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever done while laughing?

This stems from a conversation Paul the Spud and I had on the phone the other day, and I shant reveal his most embarrassing laughing moment (I'll leave that for him, should he be so inclined). I will, however, admit that I once swallowed my girlfriend's drool because we were both laughing so hard.

C and I were about 14 years old, and we were at Six Flags Great America, where we decided to take a ride on the Scrambler—a ride that's essentially a collection of small cars that whip around a central pole so fast, while also spinning in smaller circles, that they push the riders to the outside of the car.

Because I was bigger, I sat on the outside, and as soon as the ride started, C was fighting for dear life not to crush the everliving fuck out of me. And every time she'd manage to pull herself a bit away, the ride would change direction and throw her back on top of me. It just sent us into an absolute fit of howling laughter, and by about halfway through the brilliantly long ride, her mouth was just fixed wide open in a silent laugh, with drool streaming out the side. Which, like the rest of her, headed in my direction. My mouth being similarly frozen in a breathless, soundless laugh, I could do naught but welcome her Scrambler-induced spittle into my own gaping maw.

We recreated this event many times in years after.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus