Blog Note

Hey, Shakers. I've just come home from the emergency room yet again. This time, however, it was for me. I've done something to my leg, not sure how or when, but last night it started with an excruciating pain in my calf, on the outside of the leg, just below the knee—and, by this morning, I could barely walk. I'm running a fever, getting cold sweats and shakes, and basically just feel like complete shit.

I've been through a battery of x-rays and an ultrasound. No breaks, no fractures, no blood clots, no signs of infection. At this point, it's being treated as a torn ligament, tendon, or muscle with inflammation.

I'm now on crutches, with a leg brace that extends almost from my hip to my ankle, a prescription for an anti-inflammatory, and a referral to an orthopedist.

Iain and I are both the kind of dopes who avoid doctors at all costs ("What's that? Severed finger? Put a band-aid on it!"), and neither of us hardly ever even gets a cold, so for both of us to end up needing healthcare in the same two-week period is just unbelievable. We've not been having a good couple of weeks at Shakes Manor.

Anyway, I'll be around as much as I can, but it probably won't be as much as usual the next few days at least.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus