McCain's Such a Jokester

Like I needed another reason to loathe McCain:


[Why didn't you choose Gov. Jim Gibbons to chair your Nevada campaign?]

I appreciate his support. As you know, the lieutenant governor is our chairman.

Why snub the governor?

I didn't mean to snub him,. I've known the lieutenant governor for 15 years and we've been good friends….I didn't intend to snub him. There are other states where the governor is not the chairman.

Maybe it's the governor's approval rating and you are running from him like you are from the president?

(Chuckling) And I stopped beating my wife just a couple of weeks ago….
Ho ho ho.

In fairness, McCain is riffing on the classic Beltway example of a question to which there's no good answer ("When did you stop beating your wife?"), but, ya know, that's not actually funny in the first place.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus