I Should Probably Just Go Back to Bed

An auspicious beginning to the week: I washed my cell phone in the washing machine.

I wish I could say it was something as reasonable as forgetting to check the pocket of my jeans, but it was significantly dumber than that. I carried my cell phone downstairs on the top of the pile of laundry in the basket, then, approximately 30 seconds after putting it there, forgot and dumped it into the washer with the rest of the contents of the basket.

It was maybe a minute into the cycle when I couldn't find my phone that I realized what I'd done and fished it out.

It's nice and clean now, but it doesn't want to work. I suspect that has something to do with the screen bearing a distinct resemblance to an aquarium—minus the fish.

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus