In Which I'm Hugely Disappointed to Be Right

Last night, in the comments of Jeff's awesome Angry Women Back Clinton post, I said, "I'm frankly a lot less optimistic than you are that tonight's inspiring and refreshing and generally fantastic repudiation of institutional misogyny will last. It will raise its head again in this campaign. Mark my words. I'd bet money on seeing an example tomorrow."

Today:

Last night, Matthews said: "I give her a lot of personal credit; I will never underestimate Hillary Clinton again."

But by this morning Matthews had already forgotten his newfound respect for her. He said: "The reason she's a U.S. Senator, the reason she's a candidate for President, the reason she may be a front-runner, is her husband messed around. That's how she got to be Senator from New York. We keep forgetting it. She didn't win it on the merits..."

In good news, the other part of my comment was this: "That doesn't undermine what happened tonight, though. It was awesome. And it was worth a good few teaspoons."

Keep talking, Tweety, you misogynist wankstain. Underestimate her all the way to the White House.

[Thanks to Blogenfreude for passing that along.]

Shakesville is run as a safe space. First-time commenters: Please read Shakesville's Commenting Policy and Feminism 101 Section before commenting. We also do lots of in-thread moderation, so we ask that everyone read the entirety of any thread before commenting, to ensure compliance with any in-thread moderation. Thank you.

blog comments powered by Disqus